Friday, September 18, 2009

The Philippine Mango

Mango, the best fruit on Earth, everImage by koalie via Flickr

Why I love this fruit? it's sweet and delicious and I just can't get enough of it. My children would go crazy whenever I make mango shake or smoothies, It's just one of the fruits that aren't very hard to fell in love with.

Way back in 1995 the Guinness book of world records listed the Philippine Carabao Mango as the sweetest fruit in the world. This fruit is eaten raw, dried, preserved, frozen, juiced, concentrated( I was once addicted to this) you can do anything with it, Baked with cake, you can make shakes and smoothies and I'm 100% sure it would be the biggest hit, especially during summer.

What do we get from mangoes?Mangoes are very rich in Vitamin A,C and potassium, We all know that Vitamins C and A are antioxidants, it helps prevent free radical injury and therefore , reduce the risk of certain cancers. My mother would always tell me. " who ate the mangoes?" I really can't help myself. Anyways, to be able to determine if the mango is sweet and right. Make sure that the peel is smooth and has some imperfections like black discolorations, but if the peel is too perfect. It's not sweet. Smell it it does smell sweet.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin