Friday, February 6, 2009

Alpha Lipoic Acid and it's benefits


I'm very much interested with ALpha Lipoic Acid. It was first introduced to me be a colleague way back 6 years ago. I've heard of it when I was young but I wasn't that interested. This friend of mine told me that it helped her made her skin supple and glowing. I really thought it was just another food supplement in the market today that was just looking for some popularity. For those who have no idea.

Alpha-lipoic acid, is an antioxidant. And it is commonly called as lipoic acid or thioctic acid, This food supplement were once only known to help diabetics because it helps to stabilizes blood sugar. But after few years of continued research and studies it shows a lot more benefits.This powerful antioxidant is a fat and water soluble, it means it can get into or penetrate into our body well, making it easy to protect against free radicals. It simply help to detoxify our body.

And speaking of detoxification, ALpha Lipoic Acid helps glutathione to work like wonders. ALA also makes Vitamin E and Vitamin C works efficiently. You can get ALA in different foods such as Spinach, Brewer's yeast, liver etc. We do have ALA in our body but if you want to make the most out of it you really have to take a supplement, You can always ask your doctor.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin